| Prehistoric Scratchpad|
Ionian Age Web PagesEdit
- Pleistocene Epoch (2.58-0.0117 MYA) - The previous epoch. Includes the beginning of the Quaternary Glaciation, several inter-glacials, up until the beginning of the current interglacial.
- Tarantian Age (126-11.7 TYA) - The Late Pleistocene. Defined as the beginning of the Eemian Interglacial until the end of the last glacial period of the last ice age.
- Ionian Age (781-126 TYA) - The Middle Pleistocene. Neanderthals developed in this era (400 TYA). The earliest known human DNA dates to this time as does the beginning of the extinction of large mammals (132 TYA).
- Calabrian Age (1.806-0.781 MYA) -
- Gelasian Age (2.588-1.806 MYA) - An age