| Prehistoric Scratchpad|
Mesozoic Era Web PagesEdit
- Phanerozoic Eon (0.542-0.0 BYA) - The current geological eon, and the one where abundant animal life is present.
- Cenozoic Era (66-0 MYA) - The current era. The age of mammals.
- Mesozoic Era (252-66 MYA) - "Middle life" era. Age of reptiles.
- Cretaceous Period (145-66 MYA) - The end of the age of Dinosaurs.
- Jurassic Period (203.1-145 MYA) - Middle part of "middle life". Followed the Triassic-Jurassic extinction event. Witnessed the breakup of the supercontinent Pangea. Forest formed along new coastlines. Dinosaurs dominated the land. The first birds appeared. Pterasaurs were in the air. Ichthyosaurs and Plesiosaurs were in the sea. Mammals also existed, but were overshadowed by Reptiles.
- Triassic Period (252.2-201.3) - First part of "Middle Life".
- Paleozoic Era (541-252.2 MYA) - Early age of the animals.